Our employer focuses on improving manufacturing worldwide. Their products help manufacturers collect, interpret and take action on the data being generated in their plants and on their assembly lines, ultimately driving these companies to better manage their manufacturing operations, improve productivity, eliminate waste and increase profitability. From medical equipment and therapeutic devices to pharma packaging (Covid 19 Vaccines) to self-driving cars to sustainable tea, our technology affects real items being created in the world today.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or a related field.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively articulate complex ideas and concepts.
- Strong technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers.
- A passion for tackling challenging problems.
- Strong passion for UX, UI, data and building things.
- Desire to learn, listen to feedback, and grow professionally.
- Flexible, mission-oriented mindset, being open to ideas (and willing to bring your own ideas) that can produce better overall results for the company.
- Strong logical and analytical skills.
- Some software development experience is required, but we favour a motivated individual over past experience.
- Strong creative, visual design and problem-solving skills – comfortable with UI design, production techniques as well as developing and implementing new algorithms and transforming hard problems into solvable, maintainable code and APIs.
THINGS YOU WILL LEARN ON THE JOB
We have a supportive team ready to bring you up to speed on our architecture and the technologies we use every day. You can expect to learn on the job about the following, and more!
- Software engineering best practices, including test-driven development, version control, continuous deployment, and observability.
- Define, develop and maintain web services APIs.
- Develop cloud software services.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software.
- Respond to dynamic customer requests and demonstrate a strong aptitude for problem-solving in a timely manner.
- Work as part of a team to build services, deliver features, fix bugs, and support our products through the entire software lifecycle.
- Make architecture and design decisions, collaborating with teammates both within and outside of the Engineering department.
- Follow through with tasks and activities, while keeping stakeholders in the loop and well informed.
- Generate new ideas on how to improve our products, processes, and culture.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
OUR EMPLOYER’S CULTURE
As a small company, we value each employee at a personal level. We understand that what you bring to the table goes beyond your formal qualifications and we welcome your unique personality as well as the passions you have both within and outside work.
We work on hard problems using exciting technology, and we have a lot of fun doing it. We believe in collaboration and teamwork, and you will find yourself in a supportive environment where everyone is learning from each other and everyone has a voice. We hold regular reviews to ensure we are constantly improving individually, as a team, and as a company.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for our employer:
- Make a difference – Your work will have an impact from day 1.
- Work/Life balance – Flexible hours, get stuff done and still have a full life outside of work.
- Work hard / Play hard – Get the job done while sharing laughs with co-workers.
- Wear many hats – As part of a small company, you’ll have the chance to contribute in many different areas.
- Friday lunches – Sit down with the entire company, including the CEO, for a remote catered lunch every second Friday.
- Tight-knit team – We support each other at work and outside of work.
- Every opinion is valued – Even students can challenge the CEO.
- Growth – Be a key player in a constantly growing company, grow your career along with the company!
- Make manufacturing better – From medical equipment to sustainable tea, help the world be more productive.
- Quarterly bonuses based on company performance with the option to receive bonus in stocks.
Individual employees and our culture committee members undertake initiatives to study our workflow, employee wellness, and various dimensions of diversity, equity, and inclusion. These initiatives create momentum that leads to company-wide engagement and continuous improvement in our workplace culture. Throughout these processes, we value diverse perspectives to help us create a place where everyone is treated fairly, regardless of background, experiences, or abilities. We encourage submissions from those who identify as members of underrepresented communities, a concept we leave open for candidates to self-define, as we strive to create a truly inclusive environment.